In this article, you will learn how to add products, create new categories, assign categories, select images for your products, how to add products massively, how to add products from an excel template or one by one, how to make integrations with your accounting program, and also how to add quantities to the products.
HOW TO ADD PRODUCTS (4 Methods To Add Products)
1. Add Products Manually
Click on Products icon. Then click New Product.
Create New Product
1. Specify the part number 2. Specify the description
3. Select the category hit the + plus sign button to add a new category
4. Specify the UPC for UOM EA
5. Specify the cost per EA
6. Specify the reorder point
7. Specify the initial onhand qty
8. Click Create and Close or Create and New
2. Add Products Using An Excel File
Click on the Download icon.
Select download empty template and click Download.
Click on the downloaded excel template.
Edit the template and add all the products you want uploaded to SwiftCount.
Click on the Integrations icon.
Select your excel template and click Upload.
Click Confirm and Go.
1. Cells cannot have formulas.
2. Columns Part Number and Description are mandatory and cannot be omitted.
3. We highly recommend downloading the Excel template, fill it with your products and then upload your template.
3. Upload Products By Integrating With Your Accounting Program
Click on the Integrations icon.
Click on Accounting Package. Select e.g. Quickbooks.
Login with your Quickbooks credentials. Click Sign In.
4. Add Products Using Swift Look Up
1. Connect your barcode reader to your computer
2. Click on the Swift Look Up
3. Get the product you want to add and scan the barcode
If the product exists on the master database, all the information will be added from the master database
You will be required to add the category and price
If the product does not exist, you will get a pop-up window that the product is not found
You will be required to add a new product, click on Add Product
HOW TO COPY A PRODUCT
Go to Product module. Once you find the product you want to copy click View.
In the product details screen, click Copy.
1. Specify the new part number
2. Specify the description
3. Select the locations, units of measure and SwiftIDs
4. Click Copy
You will get a prompt once the product has been successfully copied.
HOW TO DELETE A PRODUCT
Go to Product module. Once you find the product you want to remove click View.
Under Actions, click on the Delete icon.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PRODUCT IMAGE
Go to Products module. Once you find the product you want the image uploaded click View.
Click Select then click Upload. Select the image you want to upload.
HOW TO CREATE A CATEGORY
On the product where you want to add the new category, click View.
Click on the + plus sign button to add a new category.
Type in the new category name and click Add.
Once the new category has been added, you should see it on the category list.
You may also assign another category name from the list. Click Save once done.
HOW TO ENTER QUANTITY OF A PRODUCT
To add a quantity you can either add the items using an excel template or 1. Go to the Locations section.
2. You are going to see 2 sections: The Locations Section and Products Section. In the products section search the product you want and click on View at the far right.
3. You are showing a product and all the locations it is in. To the right are three options:
+ is an IN meaning adding qty of that product on the location you click the +
- is an OUT meaning removing qty of that product on the location you click the -
transfer to transfer a qty of that product from a location to another location click transfer
Note: Also when you make a movement (+ - or transfer ) you can set the company to Automatically process it or Manually by going to Settings > Account Settings > Processing